WSPA seeks a dynamic and energetic Category Marketing Manager to research, gather, and synthesize information regarding both the supply and demand of cage free eggs. Primary elements of this effort will include:
• Messaging the impact of the increasing popularity of cage free eggs to companies at various stages of the supply chain, including producers, restaurant groups, and grocery retailers.
• Utilizing an understanding of consumer behavior, as well as marketing and communications skills, in order to develop and coordinate a WSPA-generated consumer campaign to demonstrate and grow demand for cage-free eggs.
• Market an annual public recognition event to the food industry, recognizing businesses that commit to purchasing cage free eggs.
The Category Marketing Manager will work closely with the U.S. and Canadian Humane and Sustainable Agriculture Campaign Managers.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline
• 5 – 7 years of relevant professional experience in food business marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or corporate branding preferably in the retail/food service industry
• Strong proven marketing analytical skills and the ability to build business cases for changing CSR policies and/or sourcing
• Experience marketing specialty products (preferably in the retail/food service industry)
• Experience organizing public recognition/awards events
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with food companies
• Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
• Professional relationships within the U.S. and Canadian food industry
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills with the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
• Demonstrated project management experience that involves multiple tasks and stakeholders, managing budgets, adhering to a timeline and driving toward results
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web based research skills
This is a full time, New York City-based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes generous benefits offered to full-time WSPA employees. Candidates wishing to be considered please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration HR106-CMM must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. WSPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.