• Oversee the activities of the Finance Managers and provide leadership of WSPA’s USA and Canada finance/accounting operations including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and revenue.
• Conduct a high level review of financial statements of USA and Canada in order to identify performance or other issues requiring attention of the RSMT.
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts for the region, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures, and analyze and report variances.
• Calculate, issue and interpret financial and operating metrics. Work with RSMT colleagues to continually improve performance within the region.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and advise on risk management.
• Provide general oversight of audits in the US and Canada.
• Reviews letters of agreement, contracts, leases and other legal documents and agreements (over $50,000).
• Monitor and ensure compliance with emerging relevant legislation specific to the governance of non-profits and advise the Regional Director and or Country Directors as necessary.
• Act as a first point of contact for advice and guidance on legal issues; secure and liaise with WSPA’s external legal advisors as appropriate.
• Support the implementation of WSPA’s global corporate policy framework and lead in the development of supporting procedures for the region. Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and financial controls.
• Respond to Regional Director as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate the financial needs of WSPA.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
• Conform with, and abide by, all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum ten (10) years professional experience in finance and accounting.
• Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
• Demonstrated excellence in managing finance/administrative staff team.
• Strong background in non-profit accounting.
• A strong understanding of the legal, fiscal and regulatory environment in which non-profit organizations operate; working knowledge of non-profit fiscal management, including fund accounting and budgeting.
• International experience.
• Contractual negotiation experience.
• A team player who is goal oriented and focused on producing accurate and a high quality work product.
• Ability to lead, inspire and motivate people.
• Proven project management, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation.
• Competent at computing and web based skills relevant to the job.
• High level of discretion and diplomacy.
• Committed to the mission of the organization
• CPA (Certified Public Accountant) designation or similar.
For more than 30 years, WSPA has brought relief and protection to millions of animals across the world. Today, working in more than 50 countries, WSPA continues to collaborate with local communities, NGOs and governments to change animals’ lives for the better. WSPA also acts for animals at a global level, using the organization’s United Nations consultative status to give animals a voice. If you have the qualifications for this particular role, and share WSPA’s passion for animal welfare, please let us know of your interest by applying.
Please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration HR23-CNTRLR must be in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until filled. WSPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Applications without salary requirements may not be considered.