The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA), one of the world’s largest animal welfare organizations, has an exciting opportunity for a proactive Senior Direct Marketing Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to help strengthen and build the US fundraising program of an international organization in a new US office in NYC. The Senior Direct Marketing Manager will develop and implement strategies to cultivate and solicit new donors, steward current donors, manage the acquisition/donor services staff and work collaboratively with the US development team, fundraisers in other country offices, and the international fundraising team in London.
The Senior Direct Marketing Manager reports to the US Director of Development and will play a key role in a development department charged with raising over $6M in 2013 and with an ambitious plan for ongoing growth. Working closely with fundraising/communications staff and direct marketing partners, he/she will develop and manage fundraising programs which deliver a positive supporter experience aimed at building and retaining donor loyalty. Using fundraising and marketing skills, the Senior Direct Marketing Manager will have a significant impact on WSPA’s fundraising activities and help to build the future of a growing global organization.
Reports to the Director of Development.
• Build and manage fundraising programs to develop supporters, increasing their lifetime value
• Manage budgets and meet income targets for appeal and donor development programs
• Develop and manage appeal and general donor development programs to retain and build donor loyalty
• Develop donor segmentation and testing strategies and monitor results
• Manage the upgrade, reactivation, and conversion programs
• Develop strategies for donor communications which deliver a positive donor experience
• Manage the development of on and off-line donor communications including updates, newsletters, campaign actions and supporter fulfillment responses
• Provide input into direct mail, website and social networking communication schedules to ensure they complement retention and development activity
• Manage external direct marketing partners including production schedule and budget
• Manage acquisition/fundraising team in delivering best practice donor stewardship
• Provide guidance, training and support to Donor Services staff to ensure that all office processes and donor inquiries are handled professionally, effectively and within a specified timeframe.
• Manage the database team to ensure accurate, timely information is generated and distributed
• Bachelor’s degree required, with 5-7 years of successful fundraising experience working with direct marketing and on-line fundraising
• Demonstrated track record of achieving defined revenue goals
• Ability to develop effective cultivation and solicitation strategies
• Strong writing, interpersonal and communications skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
• Creative and resourceful; entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a collaborative, productive manner with diverse constituencies.
• Solid staff motivation, development and management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web based research skills and development database systems.
• Working knowledge of RaisersEdge preferred
• Proactive, flexible and team oriented
This is a full time, New York City based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes generous benefits offered to full-time WSPA employees. Candidates wishing to be considered in the first round please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. For consideration WSPA-HR12 must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
Applications submitted without salary requirements will not be considered.