Location: New York City
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) has an ambitious strategy to create a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended – and we are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us reach this goal. WSPA is the world’s largest international animal welfare organization, and continues to grow. Across our 15 international offices, we are developing programs and launching campaigns that will improve the lives of millions of animals worldwide.
In the U.S., we have opened a new office in New York City, and joining our team is an exciting opportunity to be involved on the ground floor of a stellar team of nonprofit professionals with the backing of an established world-class global organization.
2013 is an incredibly exciting time for digital at WSPA which is the world’s leading international animal welfare organisation. We are about to undergo a digital transformation - building a brand with digital at its heart and have started by developing a new global digital strategy framework which will help us achieve global impact for animals through local action. We’re now ready to turn this strategy into reality and that’s where you come in.
The role of the Regional Digital Engagement Strategist is to work within the global digital strategy to strengthen and build WSPA’s digital presence and brand, driving broader awareness and public support for the organization through effective digital strategies. This role has responsibility for designing and implementing digital acquisition, conversion and retention strategies for WSPA’s digital program. The Regional Digital Engagement Strategist will work closely with the Regional Marketing Communications Director, NA and digital staff in the US and Canada to define a regional/country-level vision for fundraising, communications and campaign teams within the global digital framework.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
• Reports to the Regional Marketing Communications Director, North America
• Key member of the global digital team with dotted line reporting to the International Head of Digital
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Champion the new global digital strategy approach with senior country and regional staff
• Informed by the global digital strategy develop a regional/country digital strategy and corresponding business case(s) Provide recommendations for and implement new systems to support digital strategy, working from global best practice to manage tendering processes, recruitment, training, etc. within region/country
• Support global digital campaigns planning process and implement within region/country
• Follow digital brand guidelines and work with International Brand and Digital team to roll-out of the new WSPA brand across digital platforms
• Provide advice to the Regional/Country Management Team on digital trends, resource allocation and implementation of organizational strategy through digital issues.
• In collaboration with global and regional/country staff, provide direction and input on the strategic direction for digital programs of WSPA North America (US & Canada);
• In collaboration with the International Head of Digital, provide strategic direction on the digital infrastructure for country offices including content management system, constituent relationship management, email marketing and related resources and vendor relationships;
• Provide direction and support on web content strategy, social media and search engine programs;
• Ensure optimization of the user experience across all web properties and transaction channels;
• Work with county teams on technical production of digital projects and tactics;
• Manage third-party vendors in the execution of regional digital strategies;
• Provide strategic insight and support for country managers on increasing brand awareness and customer/donor loyalty via digital channels
• Improve the supporter and donor experience online by testing and learning from previous online initiatives ;
• Increase brand awareness and customer loyalty via digital channels;
• Offer insight and best practices to country staff and other regions;
• Monitor, evaluate and report on web performance and user testing experiments that support corporate objectives and strategically analyse ROI
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate should have extensive background in:
• Developing and directing digital acquisition, conversion and retention strategies
• Data analysis and testing of digital strategies including online campaign and/or fundraising experience
• Success in issues-based digital campaigning;
• Enterprise-level product selection and implementation;
• Managing digital platforms and infrastructure;
• Development of sites to be current/relevant and user friendly;
• Results-driven strategy development and analytical skills;
• E-commerce and inbound/outbound digital marketing;
• Building strong working relationships through a flexible and collaborative work-style
• Fostering growth and building motivation amongst digital team members in region, including managing remote teams
• Detailed, proactive communication with strong attention to detail
• Web site optimization
• Digital trend analysis and recommendations for advancements.
• Working with multiple stakeholders across functions and countries to deliver projects within timeline and to budget
• Using user research and testing to build engaging digital experiences
• Managing technical risk within digital projects
• Working creatively with new digital user-facing products
• Robust measurement and evaluation to drive digital testing
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, digital strategy or a related field;
• 7+ years of digital strategy and marketing experience;
• Success record of overcoming challenges and driving results in the digital space;
• A professional background that includes extensive and successful experience in digital strategy and implementation;
• An understanding of the unique digital communications challenges faced by not-for-profit organizations and direct experience in addresses those challenges.
• Some technical knowledge including HTML/CSS, CMS development, mobile responsive design, Photoshop or any other image editing software
For more than 30 years, WSPA has brought relief and protection to millions of animals across the world. Today, working in more than 50 countries, WSPA continues to collaborate with local communities, NGOs and governments to change animals’ lives for the better. WSPA also acts for animals at a global level, using the organization’s United Nations consultative status to give animals a voice. If you have the qualifications for this particular role, and share WSPA’s passion for animal welfare, please let us know of your interest by applying.
WSPA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and generous vacation and holiday leave. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. The job reference code HR-DIGITNA must be in the subject line. Applications submitted without salary requirements may not be considered. Position will remain open until filled.
WSPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.